Cookie tin based percussion and more for Kontakt
Lurking deep in the darkest closet of many a mom or grandma, waiting to strike at unwary guests, you will find them… cookie tins. These insidious purveyors of delicious treats come in many shapes, colors, and sizes. Some are festooned with holiday trappings, offering a false sense of well being and cheer. Others bear an image of their delicious contents, tempting those who stray too near. But what happens to these tins when their cookies are consumed, leaving them empty and seemingly useless? In most cases they simply accumulate, multiplying until they fill all available free space.
But these dangerous cans are not merely nettlesome clutter. In the hands of a skilled percussionist (or, even in my hands) they become exotic musical instruments with delicate overtones and a unique, tinny sound. Come and explore the myriad mysteries and delights of Monster Cookie Tins!
All instruments included in Monster Cookie Tins.
Played in Kontakt 4, external reverb added.
- $29 (USD)
- 521MB of samples / 211MB .rar download
- 20 instruments
- 7 Tins, each with several articulations
- A baker’s dozen of mixed goodies:
- 8 delicious drones
- 4 chromatic delights
- 1 assortment of monster hits
- 10 Round Robin hits on all percussion
- Most percussive articulations contain between 3-4 velocity levels
- .wav files are open for you to browse/alter/use as sound effects.
- Full version of Kontakt 2.2.4 or up required
Look here for the full instrument listing and online documentation for Monster Cookie Tins!